Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 11

Thread: "Baked: potato soup

  1. #1
    Inactive Member steer's Avatar
    Join Date
    September 3rd, 2002
    Location
    Bristol, Virginia, United States
    Posts
    3,872
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    "Baked: potato soup

    alright people, I really don't want to drive all the way to Abingdon to get some of Alison's World Famous "Baked" potato soup.. so who around here has the best?

    I'd like home-made, but I'm really not into taking the time.. haha..

    any ideas? [img]/LDPforum/ubbthreads/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/smile.gif[/img]

  2. #2
    Inactive Member imported_elp6n's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 31st, 2004
    Posts
    5,510
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: "Baked: potato soup

    This doesn't take long to make at all, faster than driving anywhere for soup.

    INGREDIENTS
    3 bacon strips, diced
    1 small onion, chopped
    1 clove garlic, minced
    3 tablespoons all-purpose flour
    1 teaspoon salt
    1 teaspoon dried basil
    1/2 teaspoon pepper
    3 cups vegetable broth (can substitute chicken broth)
    2 large baked potatoes, peeled and cubed
    1 cup half-and-half cream
    1/2 teaspoon hot pepper sauce
    Shredded Cheddar cheese


    DIRECTIONS
    In a large saucepan, cook bacon until crisp. Drain, reserving 1 tablespoon drippings. Set bacon aside. Saute onion and garlic in the drippings until tender. Stir in flour, salt, basil and pepper; mix well. Gradually add broth. Bring to boil; boil and stir for 2 minutes. Add the potatoes, cream and hot pepper sauce; heat through but do not boil. Garnish with bacon and cheese.
    You'll shoot your eye out.

    [img]http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v635/elp6n/santa.jpg[/img]

  3. #3
    Guest 's Avatar

    Re: "Baked: potato soup

    Fishtales is pretty good.

  4. #4
    Inactive Member Unchained's Avatar
    Join Date
    January 6th, 2005
    Location
    Norton, Virginia, United States
    Posts
    7,249
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: "Baked: potato soup

    By far the best potato soup I have ever eaten.
    [IMG]http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v635/elp6n/signature.jpg[/IMG]
    Central Warriors. Respect the past,embrace the future

  5. #5
    Inactive Member steer's Avatar
    Join Date
    September 3rd, 2002
    Location
    Bristol, Virginia, United States
    Posts
    3,872
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: "Baked: potato soup

    <div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Indian_Dad</div><div class="ubbcode-body">By far the best potato soup I have ever eaten. </div></div>

    someone kissin' booty, haha?


    I may have to try and make it.. me and the misses are having a little 'celebration' Wednesday.. our menu is weird.. I can't think of anything that compliments Potato Soup??
    but it's mini-burgers, mini-dogs, mac & cheese, and potato soup [img]/LDPforum/ubbthreads/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/smile.gif[/img]

  6. #6
    Inactive Member Unchained's Avatar
    Join Date
    January 6th, 2005
    Location
    Norton, Virginia, United States
    Posts
    7,249
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: "Baked: potato soup

    Lol-not at all. If it sucked,I'd have told her instead of being one of those men who choke down the same ol same ol every week out of worry about hurting feelings. She has the green light to do the same when I do the cooking. Fix that recipie,and you'll be glad you did.
    [IMG]http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v635/elp6n/signature.jpg[/IMG]
    Central Warriors. Respect the past,embrace the future

  7. #7
    Inactive Member imported_elp6n's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 31st, 2004
    Posts
    5,510
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: "Baked: potato soup

    Heck I can't even claim that recipe as my own - I found it lol
    You'll shoot your eye out.

    [img]http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v635/elp6n/santa.jpg[/img]

  8. #8
    Inactive Member steer's Avatar
    Join Date
    September 3rd, 2002
    Location
    Bristol, Virginia, United States
    Posts
    3,872
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: "Baked: potato soup

    thanks you 2... I'll have to try it out [img]/LDPforum/ubbthreads/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/smile.gif[/img] does the soup turn out a white color or more yellow?

  9. #9
    Inactive Member imported_elp6n's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 31st, 2004
    Posts
    5,510
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: "Baked: potato soup

    More of a white-ish color, as long as you don't brown the flour.
    You'll shoot your eye out.

    [img]http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v635/elp6n/santa.jpg[/img]

  10. #10
    Inactive Member steer's Avatar
    Join Date
    September 3rd, 2002
    Location
    Bristol, Virginia, United States
    Posts
    3,872
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: "Baked: potato soup

    great.. the yellowish color, has completely different taste to me

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •